The Marble Tombs that Rise on High: Saint Sava Serbian Orthodox Cemetery in Jackson, California
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
By: Dragana Masic
The oldest Serbian Orthodox Church in the Western Hemisphere was built in Jackson (Amador County, State of California) in 1894. It is dedicated to the Archbishop of all Serbian and coastal countries, St. Sava. Near the first Serbian Church, a cemetery was built where emigrants from Serbia were buried.
The monograph on the Jackson cemetery contains a preface, an introduction, several maps, archival material, and an overview of each grave, an index, and a geographical register. All the graves were photographed and listed. This first monograph on any Serbian cemetery in America raises awareness of the importance of preserving monuments to the Serbian presence on the North American continent.
Number of pages: 375